Recently i have been encountering issues with my notebook CPU & Memory usage when starting up, where it shoots up very high and stays high for some time.
It occurs every time i boot up the notebook into windows and when checked, the process of "Microsoft Click-to-run" is consuming the most resources based on windows task manager.
There are some steps to be performed to reduce this, even though it was not fully effective for me. You can give it a try as below:
- Disable service click-to-run (in services - set disabled)
- Restart computer (click-to-run will be not loaded)
- Open C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\Spw and delete all files
- Open C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\OfficeFileCache and delete all files
- Enable service click-to-run (set automatic)
- Restart computer
Alternatively, you may find the full question and answer at Microsoft at this link: